Thursday, January 25, 2007

Haruka

I like WOMBATS! They are so cute.

-About WOMBAT-
The Wombats are dark brown in color and look like baby bear.
They have a large head with a thick snout, thick whiskeys, short stumpy legs with sharp claws and soft fur. Their strong legs and claws are good for digging burrows to live in. They like to live alone. But other wombats may be in a tunnel close by, or sometimes burrows can interconnect. They are very shy. They can swim. They are about 70-120cm and weigh up to 27kg.

-What do they doing?-
They sleep in burrows most of the day. We can not see them when we go zoo in the morning and afternoon. In the evening or at night they go looking for food.

-What do they eat?-
They eat roots of herbs and grasses. Their favorite food is native grasses such as the tussocky ‘snow grass’, wallaby grass and kangaroo grass.


I didn’t know they can swim. I didn’t see them when I went to the zoo. Because, they get up night. I want to see them when I’ll go to the zoo next time.