Friday, July 13, 2007

a busy end to June

Well I do not really remember the end of June. I spent it in hospital after a car accident. The accident wasn't the problem. The problem ended up being waht the doctors found in my head. Apparently I had too much fluid on my brain and there were things growing in there that should not have been there.

I am fine and I had none of the symptoms of what was happening but I spent last week in hospital recovering from brain surgery. One bad point is I do not remember much of Tuesday and Wednesday. I had the surgery on Tuesday and then my sodium levels dropped and I am lucky to be alive, I don't remember much of this only that Tue til Thu was torture because I wasn't allowed to drink much 1 Litre a day which is not much for those of you who know how much I like my water.

I am hoping with the decrese of pressure in my head might mean an increase in my ability to handle stress or at leaset tolerate noise which freaks me out most times.

So I currently have a very strange hair style with a little bald patch on the top of my head and in several spot where they put the dots that allowed them to MRI map my brain so they knew where to cut my head open. Then there are the bald spots where they cut into my skull. Needles to say those spots are just a little bit sensitive and I can not even brush my hair easily so I will continue with the weirly hair cut until I feel confident I can handle people going near my head with sharp instruments like scissors.

Anyway leave any comments and I will get back to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger just_susan said...

Hello Kylie,
I hope you are feeling better this week. Hard to believe we are now half way through July.
I guess the decision as to whether you'll have your hair restyled or just let it grow long has been taken out of your hands now. Looks like we'll see a whole new Kylie 'look' when you come back.
Take care of yourself and make sure you get plenty of rest. It's probably the best time to be away from the school right now as we have the 98 study tour students from China making way too much noise!
Glad you liked the cranes. It took them ages to make. It was Tomoyo's idea.
Regards
Susan H
BTW I have a presentation from some of the boys for you which I'll email to you now that you are feeling better.

6:05 am

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kylie

Missing you lots here at UIL. Hope you're feeling better.

Keep in touch and keep resting.

Love
Trud

3:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home